Monday, October 6, 2014

God's timing, not ours

For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.
Romans 10:10 NLT

At first I'm thinking, I've read this before. It's interesting how I have to say things with my mouth, its the way I say them. Sip some coffee,  I read and think. I see believing and confessing with your mouth. God doesn't want fake people. I'm not fake, I don't think anybody else is either. We all have reasons why we are the way we are. Facebook has all kind of tests to take about what movie character you, disney character, hippie, all kinds of stuff. Their stupid, yet genius, its how they sell you stuff. In networking events I've been to, people have seen my energy and excitement for life and would seduce me to their mlm businesses. I've learned my lesson and can now simply walk away. But its interesting because I don't put up any real walls. Why put up walls, when were all in this life together. I read and think.

It's interesting how I can't pray on someones behalf for them to be saved, they have to do it. I can't believe on someones behalf either, they have to do it. It's like my mom taking a test for me in high school so I would pass, it doesn't work like that. I'm amazed of how God did not give us the ability to fix people, but things. How many times did I watch some kid be brought to the pastor in order to get fixed, or even to me? How many times were youth pastors blamed for the kids problems. Churches don't call people to attend, people attend. The arenas don't call people to remind them of a game, people go to see their team.

Hits me, its all God's timing, not mine. I learn differently than others, my daughter was hanging upside down on the ottoman that other day, and I accused her of not listening. Then I thought to myself, maybe that's her way of listening.  Now how do i title this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?