Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Initech mug

But from there you will search again for the Lord your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.
Deuteronomy 4:29 NLT

What do I think about in this? the heart and soul will find you. I forget about that. It's the Holidays, I'll see to getting my Christmas decor out this week. Get this place up to par. I'm waiting for the coffee this morning, but have I searched for God? I find I need to take a walk, to pace in order to think. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I grabbed by Initech mug this morning. A mug from the movie office space. A lot of swearing in this movie, but the whole point of it is. Why am I working for the man? There is so much more possibility than having 4 bosses tell you the same thing. It reminds me of the church too. How many mega churches are run like businesses. It's crazy but it's the only way they can function. Then in both you get into politics, which is why I would be constantly searching for God. I can only imagine how many people hate their jobs but go in, day in and day out for the check, but are miserable. Do I really search for God with my heart and soul or do I just give him a thought or two? I live in a society of instant gratification and distraction. But I feel, with that, it makes the searching for the answer even more aggressive. I read and think, Peter Gibbons was searching for an answer, you'd think that just working with computers and doing something important for the y2k change over would be enough, but it wasn't. He finally found his identity in the outdoors. He wasn't going to let the man manipulate him. He wanted to be free, he loved watching kung fu, and just wanted to prove to his boss that he was free. Where do I go? what do I do? Now that I'm an adult, the search is more apparent. Facebook becomes a hidden friend and a tool. Hits me, I will find God when I don't expect to, He will hit my heart and soul the way he chooses, whether or not I'm searching. Because alot of times in my confusion, I was looking for Him, crying out to Him, without knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?