Friday, November 9, 2012

Pirate Presence.

They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
 
All that comes to mind is living in fear, being paranoid. I'm not one to live in fear, however I do have issues with failure. I'm reminded of Swiss Family Robinson, namely the pirate scene at the end. How the family prepared their best for the pirates to come. It was only 6 of them against the pirates. They had no fear. How many times have I been worried about a video to get out, about a video playing right in a presentation, or a video having an impact. God will have his way with whatever he does. Do I really believe that as the waters cover the sea, the earth will be full of his knowledge. That's extreme but its the truth. When I get into my own mess of pirates, whether it be bills to pay, a job to get out or just emotional stress, do I really believe God will flood everything with his presence? Am I asking for God's presence when I sleep? Or am I living in fear of the pirates? Hits me, I can worry all I want about what's to come or I can focus on God's presence and knowledge of Him and when the pirates appear, he'll give me wisdom on what to do with each given situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?