Sunday, November 11, 2012

Why was I born?

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.
John 15:13 NLT

The first thing that comes to mind, is the question, why was I born? I like to watch people think. I can't read their thoughts but its interesting to watch body movements and reactions. I think that's why I didn't succeed in school. I was fascinated more with watching the teacher teach and the tools they used than I was with the content being presented.Then the teacher's reaction to me for not listening was even better. What can I say, I'm a daydream believer. I had a guy tell me once, he would like to see footage of the camera  man taking video, that's entertaining enough. I have a headache this morning. Last night 5 video's showed successfully. I had been working on these since august. At the ball last night, a question came from a singleton mom with stage 4 breast cancer "I'm still here for a reason". I was thinking about that a few days ago. What keeps people from God?  Free will came to mind. The big "god works for you and thats nice, but not for me". God came here to save by serving.  I read and think. I get this backwards. I keep on thinking that it says, there's nothing better than to feel loved. That's because I'm selfish. I was born selfish and in need of a savior to show me He gave his life for me. My problem is I have trouble accepting love from my savior. Hits me, why was I born? Because God embedded a different style of his image in me, and in the process of my life, he has revealed his eternal plan day by day (especially when I don't care). It's a question of free will, sure I'll get depressed, be happy, angry, etc. That's all how God does it. He keeps modifying me through my circumstances with his great love, so I might see this life through His eyes and not mine. Giving me no excuses to relate with people as I along with them strive to lay my life down in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?