Saturday, November 3, 2012

Faith Rescue

So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.
James 2:17 NLT

When I read this one, I'm always reminded of that story of the guy in the tree asking God to rescue him. All the sudden, a helicopter appears, and he refuses. Then a boat appears, and he refuses. Then an airplane appears and he refuses. He dies, and God says to him that he sent all these things and he didn't use them. The guy was waiting for a majestic rescue not a logical one. Sip some coffee, I read and think. How many times have I let that moment go by where God was providing and passed it up. It reminds me when I was in business for myself in 2005. Things weren't going well as usual and I felt that I needed to look for a job. I felt awkward applying for jobs, and I got a call that day. I then the spend the next 2 years in retail selling home theatre. I was on commission but also paid $12 an hour. I knew I wouldn't be doing it forever, but I didn't know when I would put an end to it. Then I spent the next 4 years in corporate audio visual. I also have the thought I wouldn't be doing that forever either. I read and think, I have often thought that God needs my help. When really his knocking on my door because I need His. I just have trouble noticing the knock. I keep on wanting to get what I need done first and then answer the door. Sometimes he wants me to drop what I'm doing and just listen to him. Then there are moments when I think he said something but he didn't. Then it's like He did and I misread Him. Then its distinguishing His call between a temptation. He wants me to obey his commands, simply. I have a tendency to make things really complicated, but I must understand them in my own way. Faith never ends, its always there. But I have to use it and believe it. I have to make sure that I'm having faith in the right way too? How do I do this? I can't let my guard down, I have to be aware at all times. I'm not good at that. Without worrying and getting upset when I do mess things up. I have to just surrender everything to God. When I need a rescue, God always provides one, I just have to be open whether it be with logic or love, and accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?