Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Power of Love

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love.
1 Corinthians 16:11 NLT

The first thing that come's to mind is the amount of times I let my guard down on a daily basis. The moment I am decide to get comfortable, I get hit. It's like that war scene in Saving Private Ryan, when the guy decides to take his helmet off in warfare because he realized it just saved his life. Sip come coffee, I read and think. It's interesting, I read about all this power and then it supposed to be delivered in love. It's like the song the "power of love". It's Marty on his skateboard hitching a ride onto the back of this truck completely empowered but with fear that he's late for school again. He's his own person, though. I then wondered how Marty met Doc Brown. After some research, one of the co-creators of Back to the future shared with fan's

"Okay, from the horse's mouth (yes, I'm the horse -- er, co-writer, co-creator): We never explained it in the movie. But the history of the characters that Bob Zemeckis and I created is this... For years, Marty was told that Doc Brown was dangerous, a crackpot, a lunatic. So, being a red-blooded American teenage boy, age 13 or 14, he decided to find out just why this guy was so dangerous. Marty snuck into Doc's lab, and was fascinated by all the cool stuff that was there. when Doc found him there, he was delighted to find that Marty thought he was cool and accepted him for what he was. Both of them were the black sheep in their respective environments. Doc gave Marty a part-time job to help with experiments, tend to the lab, tend to the dog, etc. And that's the origin of their relationship. - Bob Gale"

Read More at: http://movieline.com/2011/08/16/how-did-marty-and-doc-brown-first-meet/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral
 http://movieline.com/2011/08/16/how-did-marty-and-doc-brown-first-meet/

 Then there was Star Wars where Luke had Obi Wan to guide him. I'm fascinated by the 80's movies and how they promoted this mentoring. I'm amazed of how easy it is for me to put my guard down. When I was working in hotels namely at the Sheraton. The CEO often spoke the phrase, "don't let your guard down". I had to really think about this. Then it hit me, this hotel is not my home, I cannot treat this like my home or else I won't care what I do here. I'm a guest as well. We want to make our guests feel at home here, not us. How many times have I treated restaurants, people, God as though they are family and not really cared. I read and think, it seems like this contrast of good and evil mixed to be love. It's like I work the best at times when I'm depressed. It's when I'm not expecting to do be an impact that I am. It's when I have too big an ego that I embarrass myself. Sometimes I find, I just need to be. Just be, quit trying and just be. It's the desire to want more, to be better, its the dilema's of my insecurity that flame up my excuses to not want freedom. Then my guard is down, there is no faith, and I feel like a wimp. I find that I use my background of God and bible knowledge, as an excuse to not desire strength. It's like I think that I can just go to it for back up. Hits me, I'll be tempted forever by who knows what, but the way God works is so that I can let Him work in me. My guard has to be up for whatever situation I get into. That's how he loves me, I guess you can call it the power of love for such a wimp like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?