Monday, June 4, 2012

If you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will - Abraham Lincoln

“Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things.” 1 Chronicles 29:11 NLT

At first I'm thinking, God owns everything. Didn't sleep well. I'm trying to conform to the heat in my sleeping habits and it takes some figuring out in the summer time. Coffee's good this morning. I wish I had slept in, but then I would be disarrayed in not having time for myself today. It's looking like a busy week. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of a few things. Susans' grandma on her dads side, died a few months ago and we went over to her dads house yesterday to collect whatever she wanted from grandma. It was interesting what grandma was interested in. She collected stuff but nothing major. Then there's there's the scene from Pollyanna where the town is trying to be put on a bazarr and the only person stopping them who kind of owns the town is Pollyannas Aunt Polly. Pollyanna tells someone that "she doesn't own the church". The pastor gets word of this and realizes that he's allowed this Aunt Polly to almost run the church like the town as though she owns it. How many times have I tried to own anything? I lock my car so that anything i own isn't stolen. I find anything I have in possession I need to to care for. I find myself getting attached and don't see the day when I have to get rid of it. Even church, is there really competition to who owns it? It's like when I donate something, am I allowed to claim ownership of it when I want? No, it's God's. I'm amazed of how often I take pride in the things I donate and claim ownership to that person. I can only imagine the missionaries over sea's that are supported. The pressure they must feel to be successful with the support they're getting. Then there's the disrespect I find at church of gear. Here people have donated money to get state of the art gear and at times its just trashed and disrespected, usually due to lack of experienced professionals operated. Which then goes to trying to get volunteers who know what they're doing in the booth. I read and think, there's another line in Pollyanna that hits me, from Abraham Lincoln. When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will. Hits me, Its God's. The more ownership I claim to things in this life, whether it be my family, what we don't have, my church and the things that I claim are wrong, my business, my anything, I will surely find it. If I desire to see everything through God's eyes, I will see how he is over everything. He'll show me I own nothing but am a vessel He is using and by experiencing his love for me, there will be no need to call anything my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?