Monday, June 25, 2012

Henry Poole is Here

“Can anyone hide from me in a secret place? Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?” says the LORD.” Jeremiah 23:24 NLT

At first I'm thinking of the hiding place, and then of the games we used to play as kids. It's been a good week. It's amazing of what God teaches me as a business owner and producer. There's a lot of work to do. I"m routine oriented so it's easy for me to fit something in my day. Then there's the forgetting family things. Things my wife told me to get done. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I"m reminded of a movie I watched yesterday at my mother in law's house called Henry Pool is here. Henry who recently finds out he'll be dying soon, buys a house to live out his last days. Unbeknownst to him a nosey neighbor discovers a watermark on his outerwall resembling the face of Jesus, Henry spends the rest of the movie battling the other neighbors about who he is and what faith is. The movie was full of symbolism and was pretty dark, yet important. In the movie Henry writes "Henry Poole was here' at the end he replaces the "was" with an "is". In reality he was hiding from his past and escaping the only way he knew. How many times have I wanted to escape and hide, thinking God couldn't see me. Or knowing God could see me, I did it anyway. With this watermark on his wall due to a bad stucko job, the neighbor lady would just keep bugging him about it. She became very annoying, then the other neighbors began attempting to convince him that this was the really a healing moment for him. I was telling Susan the other day about how when I was growing up, the feelings I got during a worship service, I wanted to help give to others. I also had a passion for audio and video. I just love helping contribute to the atmosphere, I'll enjoy it on my own time. Did I hide behind the gear? In a way I was, I didn't know what to think of the atmosphere, but I liked it. It was never mentioned in what Henry was dying of, but his reaction made him isolate himself. I'm amazed when I escape to my own thoughts. I'm pretty optimistic but there are moments when I just get angry about the way I am. Why do I not believe and accept that I can't hide from God? It's like God is my way out, but since I hooked on my circumstance and not on Him, I refuse to see it. Hits me, Henry poole eventually takes an axe to his wall out of anger how much privacy he doesn't have. The roof comes down on him and he's hospitalized. While in the hospital he learns that he doesn't have the disease and won't be dying. At that point he reaches for the hope that everyone was presenting to him. How many secret places do I have? my phone, my thoughts, movies, videos, remote control boat, researching technology, best buy. When Henry bought the house his realtor had the wall re stucko because she didn't like it. It was a bad stucko job which resulted in a watermark resembling christ's face. It doesn't matter where I try to hide, Christ will be watermarked on me. I can choose not to see him or accept Him, but he's there, and more importantly using me more than I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?