Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The dimensions of God's love

“Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as will trust in him. Your routes will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.”Ephesians 3:17-19 NLT

At first I'm thinking, of how off I am with this. All the stuff that I could possibly think is the answer and isn't. Slept good last night, got to bed late but no one woke up. Sip some coffee, I read and think. It's the love that only God can give. I don't get it, and I'm not supposed to. I keep on thinking these verses are about him making a home, which is simple. But I really am seeing, more about his love for me. I can't believe how twisted of a view I have of love. I really appreciate how the movie industry portrays love. The magazine people? are a different story. But the movies, I really appreciate. I read and think, I'm reminded of the things I enjoy doing because of the skills and interests that God has given me. Everyone has there own. But when I'm out shooting footage or spending time with my family, I'm experiencing God's love. When I'm editing, troubleshooting gear, listening in a conversation, enjoying the morning, I'm experiencing his love. I find myself taking it for granted. Then when things don't go good, I know he's making me better, stronger, to view him in a whole different way. I'm reminded of Swiss Family Robinson, how they got stranded on this island and instead of waiting on the beach for help, used there surrounding and lived there. They accepted where they were and made the best of things. And of course Gilligans Island, same thing. Sure both groups were trying to get rescued, but they had to accept there situation first. In my life, when I get in a rut, I usually go to God to see what his plans are and sometimes he lets me know and sometimes I'm just going. I don't need to understand. Hits me, I'm not going to fully understand his love. But at moments I'll experience how wide, and sometimes how deep, how long, how high it is. I'll find that I can't make it up. But as he brings me through things, I'll see Him in all those ways. In those moments of craziness i'll see how wide it is, in the long spans of time that he's waited for me I'll see how long it is. When I'm successful I'll see how high it is, and when i'm in my darkest moments I'll see how deep it is. I won't get it, and i don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?