Wednesday, June 20, 2012

shooting the world with your soul

“And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?” Mark 8:36 NLT

At first I'm thinking, how can that be? Then I'm thinking, how did it happen to me? I think of anakin Skywalker again, who was just angry about his mothers death and then when his wifes life was going to be lost during child birth, he was seduced to the dark side with the mindset that his anger would save her, instead it killed her. Which made him more angry. Things happen over time, over the decisions I make. I have a problem with being too impulsive. This has done me good at times and bad in others. More bad than good I can say. I read and think, I'm reminded of my home theater days, when we were trained to think of the customer's needs first and then what products would make us the most money. I was able to stick to my guns on what they needed, but the other guys quickly went with what was going to make them money. I didn't last long due to not profitting much. But I didn't lose my soul. Which was my problem in general business, I thought too much of what the customer wanted and didn't count my price andcosts enough. What I'm amazed with is that the spirit all along the way taps on my shoulder about what to do, not later, but all along the way. Hits me, its one for the other. It's God or its the world. Its cheating or being honest and truthful. Its following God's word or it isn't. Its following the spirit or its following the world. It's those split second moments that make a big difference. It's thinking before I act or speak. It's being nice to people, doing what I know is right when its time to do that. In video its setting your white balance and framing your shot before you hit record. Because depending on the camera, once your recording, its too late. I have to examine my environment and figure out how to best shoot it as to capture it for my audience. I can't lose my soul in it. It's my soul that has to show through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?