Thursday, June 28, 2012

Impulsive Repentence

“The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.” 2 Peter 3:9 NLT

At first I'm reminded of a shirt I wore in cross-country back in Jr. High. It was intitled "I may be slow but I'm ahead of you". But I already used this as an illistration in a blog, last year. Sip some coffee, I read and think. Recently I've been notified about how impulsive I can be. After analyzing myself, I agree. Yet I have reason for it. Although I don't like it. This makes me wish I was someone else at times. I live in a society of instant access, its all at my finger tips, as is God. But he wants to be first. I'm amazed of the ideas and dreams I get, and then how impatient I get to see them happen. Yet God wants me to surrender those thoughts to him. I guess I believe a lie that He's not about business but only family. No wonder I get so stressed about my company. I need to surrender it to Him. God is really patient with me these days. I find I'm very patient with technology because I can control it, I'm not patient with people, because I can't control them. Even though God is patient with my impulses, he just waiting for my repentance. Why can't I rush to repent? Because he's growing me by every impulse to show me how. Every time I repent it'll mean something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?