Sunday, July 1, 2012

Honestly, its Honesty

“Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.” Romans 12:3 NLT

At first I can't but think of the church. I can't but think of the competition I have felt many times. I've blogged many times about this too. I don't consider myself to be egostistical, however there are moments when I do. I read and think, the word honesty sticks out most to me. There's nothing more irritating to me than working with a dishonest person. I'm amazed of how long it took me to come from dishonest to honest, honestly. Last summer, Intentional living was having a sharathon and they wanted people to call in about what one thing they were doing to be intentional. So I called in and said "honestly, its honesty. Randy Carlson, gave me the father voice and said "have you been dishonest?" I said yes, "when someone asks me if I can help them, or for a price, its very challenging for me to be honest and say no or the actual price". He told me something I already knew, but it was helpful to hear it again. He said "if you're afraid of them not being happy with your answer, and are dishonest because of that, then no one will be happy".  I read and think, I'm amazed of how the enemy creeps into my thought life about all kinds of things. I get tempted to think I'm no good, my work is nothing, I'm a terrible person. I have to remember that the enemy calls me by "I", God calls me by my name. I had that revelation in High School. Everytime I go on a shoot, I always get a little concerned about production. That's healthy, because I've gone on shoots before completely over confident and things didn't work out very well. I'm amazed of how much I have yet to learn, yet the amount I already know. I see in this scripture that its the faith the God has given us, not in the faith I have in myself and what I know. I often think I know more movie lines than I know scripture, I know more about celebrities than I know about characters in the bible. I have more movies than there are books in the bible. Yet where does my credit go to? Hits me, its not about bashing myself or thinking I'm the man, or being honest with people out of fear, its seeing myself through God's eyes and respecting Him for that. Once I can respect Him for how he made me and accept how He wants to change me, the challenges won't be so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?