Saturday, July 28, 2012

Today we bury Grandpa Kinkel

“I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.” Philippians 3:14 NLT

Today we bury Grandpa Kinkel. I already wrote about this verse last year, but it makes sense for today as well. Visitation was last night, and it was really cool of all the friends and family that came to support ours. It's been a tough week, a long week of evaluated my life. No music this week in the car, just silence in remembering grandpa. I can't count the many people who tell me he's in a better place. Your preaching to the choir. I'm representing our family today. As I jotted down the many memories of grandpa to read at the service, i became numb just numb at times. My business partner had to cancel everything this week because of my family. I just wasn't there mentally. As I sip my coffee, I read and think and just can't but know that grandpa has received his heavenly prize, and he's lead us all there too. He's was grandpa to many people. I honestly don't want to blog this morning, but I know when I feel like that, I have to. I'm reminded of what Susan observed of me when I was working on Lake Powell '06. She said my family were my characters in the video, and was amazed of how much I loved them. I was always told by outsiders that my videos were very unique, but very good. I did them backwards where I layed the soundtrack first and then edited to it, and not last. As I put videos together of the family, each character's part in the video was important. In the movies, I can't but think of characters that motivate me. In this case, this verse reminds me of grandpas character. How he pressed on to the end of the race and received the prize in heaven. His character that he wanted to reflect in our lives, was that of Christ. Grandpa liked to be prompt, when he worked on his projects, they were always exact, they were beautiful. He pressed on with so many things. Always studying new things. Hits me, Grandpas character that he would want me to remember was that of reaching the end of the race, the calling the Christ has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?