Monday, July 16, 2012

The Incredibles

“For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.” Colossians 2:9-10 NLT
I keep on thinking that it says for in Christ we live the fullness of God in our human body. Quit speaking yoda. just say what it is. I'm tired this morning, alot todo this week. Hopefully Shayne won't have a fever this morning and I can get her back to daycare. Sip some coffee, I read and think, I'm reminded of the Incredibles and mainly the beginning story line. How the superheroes being in our society all the sudden had to live according to there secret identity and not their super identity. Mr. Incredible saved someone who didn't want to be saved and got sued. How many times has God knocked on my heart to surrender and it took me forever to listen to him. Christ was on earth for 30 years until he began his ministry. For the longest time the super heros were helping people until society went hey wire. What is more crazy is the desire to help those in need never left Mr. Incredible, every job he got he always fighting his super powers. I find in my life, I'm very impatient when it comes to helping someone. If I see I can help, I jump at the chance without thinking. If someone needed a video, sure I could do it. If I noticed someones tv was not right, I would fix it. Basicly I was disrespectful and couldn't leave well enough alone. I read and think, sure God's fullness lived in Christ, but God waited until it was time to begin healing and speaking to people. I can only imagine in moments when he wished it was time but knew it wasn't. As I mature in my walk with God, he speaks to me about when it's time to use my identity, not to be so impulsive. Mr. Incredible wanted the glory days back, he wanted to be needed and he jumped at the chance when Mirage called for help, only find it was a trap that required his family to come to there true identity. His kids didn't understand that they it was ok to be who they really were, it was time. And when Dash and Violet super instincts came out naturally they learned what there mom meant during the years in hiding.  Hits me, God lives in me, he gives me all kinds of ideas and passion about video. Some will never happen and others have already. I can jump at the chance of anything or I can wait till I see a divine moment. It hurts to fight my impulses but when I do, depending on what it is and wait patiently even when I don't understand, God blesses it and I feel more unified with Him. Ya Mr. Incredible had to be rescued by his family, and when I screw things up, God is never saying " crap, he wasn't supposed to do that", and the superheroes came to help which made the city realize how much they were missed. After that they were allowed to be who they were. God doesn't make mistakes with people, he uses me in ways I don't understand even when I think I got it, I don't because he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?