Monday, July 30, 2012

when the answer is in front of your face

At this they tried to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his time had not yet come. Still, many in the crowd put their faith in him. They said, "When the Christ comes, will he do more miraculous signs than this man?"

biblegateway has started repeating there verses at a year so I've gone to another website for these. At first I'm thinking about how they doubted. I'm also thinking about the many resources right in front of my face. A lot of times the answer is right there and I refuse to believe it. Now a days, I'm more prone to look in front of my face for it. It's like don't think about buying it until you've thought about everything around it. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I think about how impatient I am with timing, and then about how the answer is a lot of time in front of my face but I don't realize it until its time to. I'm reminded of my business partner. He's also the main audio video guy at church. For 30 plus years my church had struggled with there audio video system. They would have guy after guy look at it and fix it, retweek it. Many of the men could mix well. Troubleshooting was a different story. When they hired this new guy about 5 years ago, he actually could give them an answer to every question and it worked. Yet they wouldn't listen. He would explain to them why what they wanted to do wouldn't work and they would say, were going to do it anyway. Or he would say we need to get these things fixed. They would say well give me a list. He would, they did nothing about it. Then they'd ask him why aren't things working right. Because half this stuff needs to be fixed and replaced. What was cool, is that he'd save every email in a folder as proof that he had been reminding them. My partner is much more patient than I am. The church leadership had no idea how big of a background this guy has, the many degrees he had in audio engineering, the megastars he's recorded and rock stars he knows personally. Until they stumbled upon his resume and noticed who they had working for them. They had a gold mine. This guy would always use his close connections if he knew of any to solve problems. Audio visual is so key in church's today, yet my church simply said, "we just wanted it done right and to work, nothing fancy". To that he told them, "then its fine, leave it". To that they said, "no, we need it better". Then we need to get out of small church mode thinking. I had to step in a few months ago and in great fear speak to some of the leadership and remind them of who they had hired. This guy was the first guy in there history to actually give them the correct answer to any technical question they had. He followed there rules and respected there leadership (unlike me a lot of the time). Hits me, how many times has the answer been Christ and I refused to believe it because I already know Christ and I want something different? How many times do I not want to listen to someone who knows more than me because I'm too prideful or because I'm not ready? People still believed in Christ, yet the said "when the christ comes will he do  better than this?" It's like when you meet your client for the first time and you don't like what they have to say, it's like trying to use the software you've been using, not understanding it, and finding out later that if you only took some classes in it, you could have learned how to make it do what you want it to do. My knowledge of God needs to increase. I forget his attributes and neglect to trust him, and go else where for help. My partner's not perfect, but he's patient, Christ was patient, his time had not come yet, so they didn't touch him, and sometimes being patient and watching the people suffer and suffering along with them is just what needs to happen until the timings right for them to listen and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?