Saturday, July 14, 2012

Degabah System

“When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.” John 15:10 NLT

I'm not to sure what to think of this one. Sure it makes sense but what does it really mean. It's like an if and then formula, and there are so many version of if and then. It's been a crazy week, Shayne had her 3rd birthday party last night, she made out like a bandit this year. We have one party left to go with my family next week. We're taking the weekend off, Shayne needs a break. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of the Degabah Systems where Yoda lived. This planet of mirky swamps and petrified knarltree forests. Obeying God's commands appears to be like the Degabah systems, from the outside it doesn't look like fun, but painful and I can't wait to leave. Once Luke got to know Yoda and start understanding the force, it became evident what Degabah was for (training and growth.) I looked further down the wikipedia page, I found in Star Wars universe history that another Jedi of Yoda's race confronted a dark jedi and eventually defeated him in a cave and that cave became very strong in the dark side of the force. Yoda used that spot to hide from the emporer in the Empire Strikes back. It was also the same spot that he told Luke to go into to confront his fears. I feel that when I don't obey God's commands, I go to that dark cave without knowing it or knowing it, but when I choose to obey, i remain in his love. I find it being an ongoing battle at times. Luke had to learn to use the force just as I when hearing the spirit call me, need to listen. When I was watching Empire this month, I was amazed that when Luke began experiencing his feeling of the force, he ran with them instead of completing his traininig. How often do I impulsivly jump at the chance when i hear the spirit speak? Sometimes too quick and sometimes way late. Hits me, where's my degabah system? Its in every place I go, I need to remain in God's love by obeying Him. It's surrendering my situation to Him, trusting and obeying even when things don't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?