Thursday, July 12, 2012

Truth of the enemy

“But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”” Matthew 4:4 NLT

I had to read further back with this one to find he was speaking with the devil. At first I'm thinking, he's the only one who could take him on. And what did Jesus say so simply? the truth. He was deeper, way ahead of the devil. The devil just wanted him to do a miracle, but Jesus being eternal and truth had to correct him. Shaynes birthday was yesterday, she is now 3 and happy. We have a lot more parties and dinners before the weekend and we're already tired. Sip some coffee, I read and think. This scripture really made me research satan vs. God and why God didn't just eliminate the him quickly? and why Satan even thought he had a chance with God. I found a link that simplified everything pretty well for me. http://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-defeat.html. It never occured to me that satan was a created by God as were all the other angels. But satans mindset as seen in this scripture were far from eternal like God's. Satan merely asks God to turn stones into bread. God being way different, answered with truth and authority and not with an argument. Satan's big thing was pride, which blinded him from reality. How many times have I been in sin and just couldn't see reality? It's like studying your enemy and everything there about. I kind of feel a little fear when I study satan. Something just doesn't seem right about that, yet I like to be prepared for the attack. I'm amazed when the truth is spoken to me. I'm always amazed when I discover someone or I have lied. I feel betrayed. I read and think, I have to remember that satan is from heaven, but kicked out due to his chosen pride. He thought he was right and eternal but he's not. He obviously doesn't think like God if he thinks that turning stones into bread would persuade God. Then why do I let the devil win? Why don't I just let God live in me? Hits me, God is God and satan is on a very tight leash and blinded from reality. Sure I need to physically eat and bread is a big part of that, but if my spiritual lifestyle isn't from the mouth of God but from other sources, then all I'll think God is good for, will be turning stones into bread and life will only be that fullfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?