Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Where's Waldo?

“He called a meeting of the leading priests and teachers of religious law and asked, “Where is the Messiah supposed to be born?” “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they said, “for this is what the prophet wrote: ‘And you, O Bethlehem in the land of Judah, are not least among the ruling cities of Judah, for a ruler will come from you who will be the shepherd for my people Israel.’””Matthew 2:4-6 NLT



It's like the secrets out, the truth as been revealed and I have to accept it. Because its real. Slept terribly, Shayne and mommy and sleeping fine now, but I'm awake. I'm not that bad, but it will hit me eventually today. My coffee pot leaked this morning, but since my wife is getting into drinking coffee now, I make more, so I didn't lose the whole pot. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I can only think of Where's Waldo. I vaguely remember when this comic book icon appeared way back in the 80's. Something very different than what we were expecting. Yet it was fun, because it challenged your analysis. You had to find this character a midst a crowd of people. How many time have I done that. At work, It's like where's the keynote speaker, I need to find him or her. These scriptures give me a clue that it was Bethlehem, Judah, but will become one of us. I'm amazed of how when I was in High School, we could imagine who would be doing what in 10 years. Where would I be? We would fill out those questionnaires on who would be what in 10 years. We still didn't know. Finding Waldo was always tough, it was fun, you didn't have to read, but he stuck out, yet he didn't. How many times have I looked for God in my life after I'd fallen. Have I wonder where he as at? He was there the whole time, next to me. I was the one who distanced myself from him. Is this life a game? If I play by the rules I win? Should I even attempt to find waldo? studying every drawn character? Or should I rest in God, enjoy his presence and He'll show me where he's at each time. I always say "quit looking for it, and you'll find it". A few summers ago Maxit Pawn shop sent out flyers for 5 free dvds, so I jumped at the deal and got 30 movies that summer. By the 30th movie, they wanted my address as to stop the mail. While I searched more movies, I had to relax my mind and my eyes as to not miss any movies in the rack, I couldn't look for any but just look at what they had. Hits me, the clue was He'll be born in Bethlehem and be a shepherd for my people. Should I look for this kid and meet him? or relax and wait for him to find me. God wants me to pursue Him, finding Waldo isn't easy but along the way, I discover how much he is like all the other characters. Christ came to free me from this empty life I'm so used to living, only for me to find Him among this chaotic world, when I did, in His timing, He's showed me the life He can live within me as I continue to pursue Him each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?