Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why do you care about Snowflake? Do you know him? Does he call you at home? - Ace Ventura

““I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.” John 10:14-15 NLT

Every time i read this verse i think of that old picture book back in the day. Something I never understood, probably because i'd never been a shepherd and witnessed sheep or had to work with them. All i was told, were that sheep were dumb, the shepherd wasn't and that we are like sheep. I slept ok, Shayne is getting better, just a little cough needs rest. Sip come coffee, I read and think. Whenever I've been told that "someone knows me" when I was younger, I was like whatever.  Do you live with me? Its like Ace Ventura when talking to the reporters about snow flake. I'm also reminded of corporate america and the retail business again. It's so much about the money, not about the customer. Whenever someone is treated and cared for, they remember that. That's how I was trained when I was at the Phoenician. If you see someone walking in with tons of luggage, don't ask them "do you need help?" It's obvious they need help, rush to them saying "Welcome, lets get you u check in". One time I recognized a board member was  sneezing and not feeling well, so I contacted guest services and got him some medicine, it came an hour later but it was still there. It's crazy how these economic times, the customer service places are almost dead out of business. When I was at Ultimate, it was all about customer service. I didn't realize it until, I was receiving it. I felt valued and was shocked that people really cared. I read and think, Does God really know me? Do I really know Him? I believe He knows His father. But do I really know my God? How does He know me as He claims. I mean I know my car and truck, my wife doesn't believe so, she wants me to break 1/4 mile from the break lights ahead, I know I don't need to and keep talking (I learned my lesson this past spring when I rear ending someone on the way to work). I know my tv remote, I know my camera, I know how to use it and make it look beautiful. I know my daughter (at least I think I do). I'm reminded of Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber when He picked up mary for the airport, once arriving he claimed that they had been through so much together. In his mind, the first impression he got, was enough for him to believe he knew her. When I was in college, I found myself questioning church and the point of it. I didn't know these people I had grown up with. I knew their name, what they did but and hour and 1/2 each week just didn't do enough. Being involved helped a little but still didn't do it. I just didn't know people and was so busy that I didn't have time to get to know them. I know my co-workers but I don't know them personally. I know which sound boards, video switchers, snakes, gear at work to use and not to use. I know movies, I know what I like to eat, but do I know my God? Hits me, the same amount of time I spend building a relationship with gear, wife, daughter, family, it's the same with God. It's the same source but used for Him. Just as I study gear and troubleshoot, or know what stores not go to because they won't have what I'm looking for, is the same way God speaks to me about Him. I have no excuse not to. God is really unusual though, I can't figure Him out, I can troubleshoot to see what makes Him tick. But I can't anticipate Him like I want to. The more I study his word by doing these blogs, I find how He thinks. I find myself thinking like Him and acting like him. I guess that's what happens the more you spend time with someone. Like being married you find yourself acting and thinking like your spouse. God wants me to act and think like Him, to be a living sacrifice, and in getting know Him, I really find this life is hard with and without Him. But when I sacrifice everything to Him, He opens the doors to a new life everyday in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?