Friday, December 16, 2011

Elf

Mary responded,“Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me.” Luke 1:46-47, 49 NLT

I had to read a few verses back to see what the excitement was about. Sure Mary was visited by an angel to let her know about having Christ, but the further assurance from Martha gave her the confidence she wasn't expecting. I'm tired this morning, couldn't sleep last night. I did make it to the men's dinner at church (its been 3 years). I'm getting back with my community of brothers again. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I find it hard to follow God when He calls me. It's hard to recognize and open door vs a closed door. I then choose to be optimistic so I don't get upset.  I'm reminded of the movie Elf. How this little baby just happens to crawl into Santa's bag, not knowing 30 years later he'd save christmas because no one believed anymore.  He had doubts, he was weird, funny too. People liked him, but he was weird. Mary was chosen, she didn't sign up, she just loved God. But it was Martha that gave her that other boost of confidence of a relative that she needed. God puts people in my life all the time to either to give me further assurance or to stop me from making a mistake. Buddy goes to New York and is just enjoying life and exploring this new place. Everyone passes him by for a weirdo when really He has what they needed. Mary had to finish her pregnancy away from her family do to shame and embarrassment, she couldn't hide her joy and knew what she was supposed to do. Buddy couldn't change who and how he was raised and could only share it. Hits me, I'm pretty weird, I often feel alone in this life, I don't think I've met anyone as passionate about video as I. I'm quite misunderstood, whenever I look at myself in the mirror or glance at my figure in a mirrored window walking by, I'm thinking, weird. I can only imagine how Mary felt. It doesn't matter what situations I get myself into, how things work, God's going to do as He pleases, He likes my weirdness. He made me this way. It took everyone a while to appreciate Buddy and to share his excitement about Christmas. I can't hold back how I was made, I have to be me, because that's how God see's me and wants use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?