Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's a Wonderful Life

"In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a village in Galilee, to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of King David. Gabriel appeared to her and said, “Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!”” Luke 1:26-28 NLT

Well you don't get much more crazier than this. A woman already engaged gets notified she'll be pregnant  with their first child before they get married and without her fiance. I slept ok, getting shayne to not stall going to bed at night is almost impossible, but still possible. Sip some coffee, I read and think. The first thing that come's to mind after reading this is how different God is than I am. How much I have twisted the scriptures and my ways of thinking into what a life is supposed to be like. Sure I need control so I can make progress, I go with the flow as much as I can. I even play dumb at times because I don't want to believe people can be so evil. They're. God does the unthinkable to have his glory. Why? Back in the day, you got pregnant without your husband? Death. These days? what else is new, or just go the lab. I read and think, whenever I see skill and talent in someone, I want to expose them, and see that shine. I hate it, when I see talent being hidden. Yet there's so much talent in everyone to be revealed. I look at Mary and think, here's this girl who loves God and now to be humiliated, she had to decided what she really believed and that's why God chose her, because despite the shame that would come on her family, He knew she would follow Him because of her faith. Do I believe in whatever God calls me and my family to, despite the battle we'll have? I can only think of George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life, wanting to see the world and explore, he had such adventure inside of him. He also had a big heart for his town. He couldn't leave it knowing, it would fall into the hands of the enemy. They didn't quite understand it. He even was embarrassed of why he didn't go with Sam Wainwright and get into plastics. In the end, because of years in serving his community, they all came around him to bless him when He was desperate. Hits me, even when I feel stuck or lost and wondering where God is? He's either showing a new talent or preparing me to see Him in a new way, showing me it truly is a wonderful life only in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?