Sunday, December 18, 2011

Beating the Rush

““Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has visited and redeemed his people. He has sent us a mighty Savior from the royal line of his servant David, just as he promised through his holy prophets long ago.” Luke 1:68-70 NLT

I have to go back a few verses to see what was going on with this. It's like I had walked into the middle of a movie and now am trying to figure out what's happening. It's Christmas party weekend, slept good last night. Mommy's also getting better, her meds are kicking in but very drowsy (drives her crazy). With Shayne's health improving, I was able to take her to Stuber Christmas yesterday, she really enjoyed the kids and just playing outside. We are still working on her sharing and grabbing other kids toys out of their hands. Sip some coffee, I read and think. It's so crazy that this happened, when it happened. I often am sarcastic about things that are spoken of at work, or on the news. We'll never get this fixed, oh really, its broken? We don't have broken gear? or It works? NO way, that's impossible. I can view any part of my life is sarcasm. I have a special gift though, some how I can beat the rush a lot. I don't know how i do it. My wife and I will go on a date or I'll be in line some where and all the sudden a few minutes later, there's a line of people in back of me. It happens all the time. Maybe 1 minute later, their all lined up behind me. I am a fast walker but still, not by 2 minutes. I never rush us, never stress that we'll be late, just some how we get there and within 2 - 5 min, a line of people are out the door. I read and I think, Hits me. This verse was not spoken by Joseph, it was by Zachariah, John's dad. John and Christ's birth were a few months apart (cousins). Zachariah lost his voice during Martha's pregnancy (Hmm). He got his voice back when they were naming John. And then he spoke the words of the verses above. How unusual. Zachariah speaks for the first time in 9 months. I find it fascinating what Christ came to do for me. The things I've developed in my life, the boundaries I've created and established, the things I've collected, the way I say I am, the believe system I've developed for myself, the way I have made myself to be. He's come to consume and care for all that. I wonder why at times? I don't need any help. Yet He tells me that these things will only redeem me for a moment and He's come to redeem me for life, by living his life. I was expecting him to make my life happy the way I see it, not the way He see's it. Hits me again, just as i never noticed my unusual gift of beating the rush for a while, just the same as I never noticed the sin and emptiness in my own life that I had slowly accumulated in who knows what ways. What I thought was truth was a beautiful lie, what I thought was freeing me was actually holding me more captive, only Christ could show me that, as he promised long ago,(Talk about beating the rush). Now if I could just have a good habit of accepting that freedom on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?