Sunday, December 4, 2011

His Projected Image

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”” John 8:12 NLT

It's the light of the world verse. I understand the analogy but do I? I'm tired this morning, lots of coffee, I also have to be ready for work, and get out of here. Finally got my leg lamp up yesterday and the tree, now for the lights. There's something about the christmas lights, cookies, hot chocolate that brings the christmas season home. But you have to do it. It's like getting the gear into the room in road cases and knowing in your mind what the ending things will look like. It appears to be a mess. When I send clients rough drafts of a video, I also let them know its rough, not cleaned up, not done yet. And sure enough, I get angry emails about how bad it is. Then I discover, that it's too rough of a cut, and really rough draft shouldn't be sent until its done.  I read and think, I can only think of video projection. Projection is a standard thing these days. Its about communicating your message visually to anybody pretty much. It doesn't matter how big the group, its needed. We're in a visual age, and there are moments when the screens in front are too small for the size of the group and additional ones are rigged throughout the room to make up for the distance. This way the audience will have no trouble seeing anything that is being presented. We did a group this last week with 4 screens, two 10 1/2 x 14 and two 7 1/2 x 10 that were flown 7' from the ground in the back of the room. the size of the room was 28,000 sqft. We had a camera and a little bit of power point. The room was very inviting, eveyone could experience the event comfortably from their seats. With 4 projectors, each one had to look exactly like the other, no brighter, no darker, basicly not distracting. I read and think, it was everyones choice if then wanted to pay attention during the evening, we did our part and everything worked great. Hits me, Gods' that projector right in front of my face, clearly balanced nothing wrong. Yet I don't listen, I want a different way, yet when I come around and enjoy His image, I wish I never looked back thinking the darkness was a better light. Many times during the presentations, the presenter, uses a wake up slide for the audience. I need a wake up slide from God at times, to show me what I'm missing. Where I'm at. He's right in front of me and I was distracted. If only I'd listen and let Him speak to me, and really pay attention. If I listen, I'll find that He wants to live in me, and shine His light through me and I'll see images I've never seen before and a new life to live every day, as long as I listen that is. And whats even more crazy, is when I feel like scum, he's still using me and working on me. Who'd of thought.

Below's what are room looked like with screens


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?