Thursday, December 8, 2011

Now, I don't hold jail against you, but I hate a liar - John Wayne

“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 NLT

This verse I memorized in 3rd or 4th grade. For some reason I can still recite John 14:1-6. I don't know why. Back then it just came to me, all the sudden those 6 verses were there, I just knew them. I slept as best anyone can with a little cold, funny thing, I slept good and began coughing once I got up, weird. I'm waiting for the coffee this morning. Can't sip any yet, yet I can hear the maker making it. I read and think, I'm amazed how many people work the system to get what they want, sometimes its stealing other times, it's just a different way. With God, He's the only way. It's just awkward for someone to make that kind of declaration. It's pretty bold. Usually if someone would say that, people would walk away, saying "ego". Coffee's ready, (ya I know, this will only dehydrate me, and its not good for a cold). Sip some coffee, I read and think, I'm amazed of how many liar's are out there. So many people out there to make a buck, they'll tell you "this is my last one that I need to sell, sir". They really screw over the honest ones who really need the money. I'm reminded of the movie "The Cowboys" with John Wayne. John Wayne is an old cattle herder and hires some young boys to help him on herd, along the way he runs into a group of men wanting the to join, but he can catches them lying and won't hear anything of it. It's like with money, you study the original and then you'll know what's fake. If someone does a good job for you, you'll use them again. If they don't, you won't and you'll make sure to tell everyone about it. Yet I'm learning, I have to learn the hard way at times. I have to learn by making a mistake, I have to get lost first and then when I find the place, I'll never forget where it is. Hacking away at this life is not easy. I'm amazed how many people come to mind on a daily basis. I need help everyday of the week. The truth to me is no different than process of something working, and life is no different than completing a job, and looking back at what I accomplished and learned I end up only seeing God through all of it. I'm reminded of James Steward in Shenandoah praying his routine prayer.  "Lord, we cleared this land. We plowed it, sowed it, and harvest it. We cook the harvest. It wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be eating it if we hadn't done it all ourselves. We worked dog-bone hard for every crumb and morsel, but we thank you Lord just the same for the food we're about to eat, amen." Hits me, this life is hard and I can do whatever I want with truth I know and learn, I'm thankful that Jesus followed through to the end, so my identity of which way do I go, where are do I seek, and whats the point are all found in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?