Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Preparing to tell Grandma Kinkels story

Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment,
1 Peter 2:2 NLT


At first I'm thinking, I'm newborn, even though I think and feel such an old christian. I'm all about addressing old things in a new ways. I find that every morning, it's new way of looking at things. This blog, is a new blog for a new day. The scriptures are new every morning even though they were written thousands of years ago.

Sip some coffee, I read and think. Today I am shooting my Grandma Kinkel's life story. She has alzheimers so I know this will be interesting. Grandma is epic, just her personality is real an honest. my cousin Maggie has been taking care of her and has drawn close. I've been getting into story telling these past weeks. I want to hear her story of salvation, hear how God spoke to her way back in the day, how he speaks to her now? How she craves that spiritual milk. This is Grandma Kinkel, the amazing storybook reader, godly, honest, cook. Then I ask myself, how I experience Christ? How i've strayed again and again. Then I witness people like my grandma who've been faithful all their life.

Hits me. I'll always be a new born, even though I change gears to adulthood. Grandma always takes me back to who I really am, here eldest grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?