Thursday, December 29, 2011

National Treasure

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.” John 14:1-3 NLT

I always remember reading the nkjv, but the nlt is interesting too. Troubled and trust is what I see this one. Well i moved Shaynes bed into our room so she could sleep in it with better air flow and so far so good, she slept the whole night, and so did we! Now to have that continue. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I can't but think about sets from work, or a video in production or a play that is in rehearsal. The movie National Treasure comes to mind. In the makings of it, the director didn't just want you to see a treasure, he wanted it to go on and on and just wow the audience. I think of work I have done in video, how when its time to show the masterpiece hoping that it will be received well. I read and think, for some reason, Jesus mentioned their troubled hearts and spoke of his eternal home. He knew what they were missing and what they were longing for, but they didn't and didn't quite understand. I'm reminded of moments when someone has revealed to me a solution accidentally to something I've been battling. A few weeks ago, I was at church working on a list of things in the video booth, part of which was adjusting the cameras. After fixing things, I didn't have really what I needed to completely test what I had supposedly fixed. I let the guy in charge know. That weekend, we were out of town for a christmas gathering and I received a phone call about how the camera's looked. What did you do? Everyone thought we bought new cameras? I just did some adjusting and that was it. It was such a difference, they said. How many times have I let my heart be troubled, have given into anger, anxiety, fury, etc. not run to trust God or anyone else that has a solution. God has provided me a resting place in Him, but for some reason I just don't believe it, because I can't comprehend through my eyes of sin. In National Treasure Benjamin Gates wouldn't give up on this search for the treasure, he knew it was out there.  The crowds had never heard the message that christ was giving, but they understood hope and wouldn't leave him alone, he was touching the hearts that he knew were troubled and were longing for an answer. Benjamin Gates would not leave this treasure hunt alone, all his life he gathered the clues which would eventually lead him to the treasure. Hits me, sure any earthly treasure is nothing compared to what Heaven will be like, but what is Christ doing in me? As my passion grows for anything that i set my mind to, and the vision God gives me as I strive to grow in Him, trusting in Him will get easier and the hope of what is in store ahead, in this life or the next, will be there even if I'm troubled about it. The place he wants in my heart will be a treasure that only Him and I will understand because he understands who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?