Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lion King

“So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.” James 1:21 NLT

As always, I'm not sure what to think. Again the scriptures are pointing at things I am aware of and not at the same time. This is the last day of our stacation, it's been good, Shayne had some great parties and now she just needs to learn to share her toys. I am about 2 or 3 weeks behind at work, so this week is crunch time. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I didn't know the word of God was planted in my heart, I always thought I had to get rid of evil first before the word could plant itself. I find myself wanting to first get rid of the filth and then focus on God. I find him knocking and saying it's a continued process. It's like having a routine every morning that allows me to be prepared for the day. Regardless of whats on my mind, the routine will have me ready. I'm reminded of the lion king. How symba watched his dad die and felt so guilty and fled. His people thought he was dead. He refused to believe who he was. When his friend found him years later, she had to convince him that he was the king. Why don't I believe and accept this word God has planted in my heart. Symba ran away from who he was. I read and think, I find I look way way way in my past and let it dictate who I am today. Why do I do that? its painful. Why is it so hard to disagree with my filth and evil? Why do I live according to it so much? Symba enjoyed his single life yet he was stuck. Until Scar find him and shows him who he really is. Symba still felt incompetent but it didn't matter. Hits me, I have to face who I am in Christ and take my past battles and see the strength that they've made, get the filth and evil out on a daily basis with humility. Symba took his thrown again because he finally accepted who he was and that's what I need to do, become my own lion king.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?