Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mercy is for the weak - Kreese

“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NLT

At first, I'm comforted, this verse applies to me, or does it? I've learned this summer that some things aren't from God yet I let them in as if they were. And what happens? I get afraid and discouraged, lol. I'm working on a project that wasn't supposed to turn into crunch time for the deadline but it is, so its been a lot of long days. We're also having Shaynes final party tonight. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of the line from Karate Kid "We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition: A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy." As Kreese is saying this classic line, he notices fear in Johnny's face. Now, I'm not going to lie and say I never get scared but I am going to say that not often. I'm very optimistic 90% of the time. When I have my moments of fear and discouragement, I'm amazed of what lack of faith I have and by just speaking the truth to myself, God listens despite how much doubt I build. Daniel had it pretty rough, in my rejection years I had moments of total doubt that God even cared about my feelings and situation. Daniel was stubborn and determined to fight, but considered weak. Johnny was trained to show no mercy yet learned that when you show no mercy, the results aren't what you expect and he began to fear. I recall moments when I should have feared and didn't, when I showed mercy and shouldn't have. Is mercy for the weak? Or do the weak need mercy and compassion? God's victorious and despite Kreeses threats, Daniel trained with someone who had no fear but good insight. Daniel had to give in and trust Mr. Miyagi that fighting was for defense only. Hits me, God is merciful to me in my weak moments and show's me with his victorious right hand how he holds me up. Sure mercy in a way, is for the weak, and without it, I won't gain my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?