Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Godly thinking vs. thinking

““O Sovereign LORD! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you!” Jeremiah 32:17 NLT

At first I'm thinking of how this one influences me but how I don't realize what it's saying. Today's Shaynes 3rd Birthday, her and mommy are still asleep (it is 5:20 am). We are so thankful we're not in the hospital this year. Shaynes been battling a cold the last month and we took a trip to the E.R. last friday. We have lots of plans today and the rest of the week. Sip some coffee, I read and think, I'm amazed of how much of God I take for granted. Why is it, that when someone does something like making the heavens and the earth, I really push them aside? Why is it that when someone screws up, its in the headlines. Yet when I talk things out with my wife behind closed doors, we feel were fine. Why can't I just trust God since he made the heavens and the earth? What else does God need to do to earn my trust? I have no problem with trusting people I know that can easily fail me. Hits me, I have to remember that God does not think the way I think, he doesn't, and he doesn't consider it tough to get me to think the way he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?