Thursday, June 7, 2012

Click

“Before the mountains were born, before you gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, you are God. For you, a thousand years are as a passing day, as brief as a few night hours.” Psalm 90:2,4 NLT

I can only think of time lapse videography. Shots of the clouds, wind, thousands of years in one day. I didn't sleep very well. God's working on me these days with authority and respect for my elders. I find myself submitting for a long time and then sometimes I just snap. I'm also reminded of Click. Michael Newman is a workaholic architect that finds a universal remote and is able to fast forward through different parts of his life. Eventually the remote begins overruling his choices. I usually seise the moment everyday. But there are moments when I want to skip over certain things. Michael forgot what was important to him. He had a terrible boss and was only focused on pleasing him. He cared about his family but didn't value them. Time fly's fast when you're busy and sometimes it seems like its in slo mo. Sometimes I want to have instant replay of a past event play and sometimes I just want to skip to the end of a fight. That's all Michael did, he fast forwarded through everything. Every meal every fight, every family thing. Pretty soon he was at this death. He missed everything. I read and think, it seems like time is always flying by but God is still God. Sometimes he stops me in my tracks so I can recognize him. It's almost as though, he wants me to see things in the future and live like he's coming tomorrow but act like that today. I find myself clicking back to memories of my past, both good and bad. Feeling shame or laughing of how funny a moment was. Then at times not even wanting to go to work. I find I can get so caught up and hyper focused on things that I think they can overpower God. Yet a thousand years are as a passing day. Hits me, Michael Newman was a busy man, so busy that he forgot about what was important. He got selfish, he basically told his wife and kids that work and making them a good future was better than quality time with them. Its tough because work allows for quality time. Yet there needs to be balance. I don't have a remote to hit the menu and see what my life has in store even though at times I do want one. In editing I speed things up and slow things down, and freeze them. In my life it seems like things happen like that and i need to seise the moment so God can show me, He is who he is, with no remote but a hand to guide me along the way in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?