Friday, June 1, 2012

It'll get worse, before it gets better - Dalton - Roadhouse

“And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.””Revelation 21: 2-4 NLT

At first I'm thinking why? Why not now. It's like that annoying security sound in a retail store. Somebody touched something and made it go off. When they finally disable it, everyone's at peace. Didn't sleep well, I feel old this morning too. Sip some coffee, I read and think. God doesn't see things that way that I see them. He just doesn't. I'm reminded of the movie Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze. I don't own the movie, but I've seen it enough times on tv to really like it. Dalton is a tough bouncer who is hired to tame a dirty bar. The first night he just observes the action and does nothing. He then has a meeting and explains what you do when things get out of hand. He had to clean up house quickly and keep monitoring everything. The employees began not to like him because he was pointing out unjust things. He was simply doing his job. He told them "no body ever wins a fight". I read and think, how many times have I felt beaten by society? or trapped by my job? In this town, the guy who owned the bar was allowing anything to happen and ended up stopping Dalton from cleaning up. He wanted the anger and violence. He wasn't expecting Dalton to come after him in a fair way. Why is it that unjust things appear to be normal at times and when someone is there to clean up the mess, everyone attacks? God wants to draw me closer to Him, especially when I think, I know what's going to happen. It's tough to clean things up, its a lot of work. How many times has God knocked on my door to clean things up and I told him, no worries, I'm clean? How many times have I invited him in to my heart and kicked him out because I didn't like what he was doing? All things are gone forever? I need to believe especially when the process I thought would have happen is totally different through Gods eyes. He shows me his perspective when I finally give in and just let Him take care of things. Why pain? Why sorrow? Dalton said one line that stuck out to me. "It'll get worse before it gets better". Hits me, God loves us, so much, that He allows me to get worse, before I get better. He rebuilds me to be stronger. He couldn't conquer death without dying. He couldn't rise from the grave without being put to death. I don't get stronger without being in pain. I learn and then know how to prepare for next time and people I meet along the way I can help. When Dalton came to town, he had a different perspective. God has a different perspective that i don't respect at times. I'm getting better at obeying, even if I think its getting worse, I know it'll get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?