Thursday, May 31, 2012

Growing without understanding

“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 NLT

These kind always make me think. Its so interesting of how I don't think about the end all the time, I tend to seize the moment I have here. I slept ok last night, I think i hurt Shaynes feelings again when she woke up at two, hungry for cereal and then didn't want to wait for it, so I ate it. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of my friend Josh Heller's headstone ceremony yesterday. His dad had called me a month ago about attending it and shooting it. As I drove down there, I was thinking about the memories we'd had, how complex individuals we were. As I saw the headstone revealed and then his name in the wall nearby I had to think of who he was when he was here, and then why was he taken so soon?  And then had to think about how eternal God is and how internal I am. Every time I've attended a funeral or done a memorial service, it always made me think of my purpose on this earth and how God sees us as his children. It baffles me. I feel I don't need to understand His purpose. I just need to live for Him. How many people that are alive do I take for granted and then miss them when they are gone? I had to also think of John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave. I would have said, "guys heavens way better, your mansions are done, forget that place down there, lets party up here". No, God Loved the world, he didn't see it as a mistake like I do. I mess up so I see things as mistakes. If only, If only, If only. God doesn't see it like that either. He's see growth and perseverance, and loves showing me how much I need Him. By giving his only son to show me how to live down here for him, more let Him live through me down here. I find myself seeing eternally without understanding. I read and think. Hits me, this life is not about getting things done, not about making people happy, not about goals, having a good healthy family, having things. God breathes life on earth and takes life from it, he loves the world. Only an eternal God can do that. It's his desire for me to see it like He see's it. To live like he lived, and think like he thinks and to listen to others and show others that same way of  living, regardless if I understand it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?