Saturday, May 12, 2012

That's what she said - Michael Scott

"Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her:” Proverbs 31:10, 27-28 NLT

This one I always wondered about growing up. I mean when you're a guy and need to think about getting a wife or at least finding one, it's something I kept my eyes open for but gave up a lot. Didn't sleep well but whatever. Mommy has to work these next two saturdays, so I get to spend time with Shayne. Sip some coffee, I read and think. This verse forgot to add after household the word "other full time job". I'm reminded of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers when Adam Pontipee sings "bless your beautiful hide wherever you may be". That's all it was back then, looking for labor help pretty much. So many tv shows have depicted what a wife and mother should do. My problem growing up was patience. I wanted the girl to like me in about 20 mins, because I did. Usually she was gone in 20. It's almost as though Solomon is saying that every womens love language is affirmation. I'm also reminded of the line that Michael Scott uses "that's what she said". A line that is disrespecting a woman, but in this case learning to respect her. How many times has my wife told me I wasn't listening? Our languages don't understand each other. She reminds me of things and is very nice to not insult me when I wasn't listening. I really have to validate her a lot because since we've been married we haven't lived in a place that we could call our home permanently. Women have always had a different insight than us guys. Sure, we have our logic and so do they, but they have a different perspective, and I would rather just escape instead of listen to her. Adam Pontipee left real quick when Milly insulted him.  I read and think, oh how I frustrate my wife at times. Yet she won't insult me. I tell her to. I can handle it, its how I was raised, tell me everything thats wrong with me, and how I'm failing. She was raised with a thing called "etiquette". She thinks before she speaks, I think after. Hits me, sure I can set my ideals on the Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver, the Sound of Music, Little House on the Prairie, etc. I never saw the need to look for a wife, I knew my instinct would find her. and I did. With two full time working parents managing a household, praise just isn't enough for a husband to do. I can almost see the husband saying "thanks honey" as he's watching tv. I need to listen to her and hear her out, remember what she saying is huge. I need to value everything, even when I think I am, I'm not enough. Like my relationship with God, if I'm not talking with Him on a daily basis, there will be no praise out of my mouth but profanity, and then that house will suffer because she won't feel valued and the kids won't bless her because I'm not praising her and thats what most important to her, is my walk with Him, because thats what she said. And i need to listen. no job can be too important, appointments can be rescheduled. God always provides when you need to listen to your wife. Happy wife, Happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?