Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kindergarten Cop

“Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.” Romans 12:12 NLT

At first I'm thinking, this is a real verse. It's almost validating. I'm tired again this morning, Shayne woke up wanting her pasi and it took forever to figure out she wanted her pasifier (she hasn't used one of those in a year). She finally said "we need to get some more". She finally got back to sleep and I guess we experienced her first dream about her pasi. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm honestly reminded of Kindergarten Cop with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Detective John Kimble and his partner Phoebe O'hara are given the task of capturing a drug dealer. This leads them to a kindergarten class where the supposedly the drug dealers kid is. The plan is for Phoebe to sub in as the teacher and have john be on stake out to catch this guy. Well, Phoebe gets sick the first day of class and John has no choice but to go in her place. Phoebe ends up being sick for the duration of the investigation leaving John with this class where he teaches them discipline and learns a whole new element of life from the eyes of a kindergartener.  I don't like these times in my life, when I have a confident hope that is challenged. When my plans are kind of God's plans. Patient? in trouble? I don't have much problems with this at times, all depending on what it is of course. I don't think I can pray enough either. The prayers begin turning into stress paces. I'm amazed of how God builds my confidents in Him through the teachings of patience and prayer and what's cool, He doesn't care of what attitude I have in the moment. Hits me, John really was thrown into a tough situation, all he knew was law enforcement and protecting people. When he got a headache and one of the kids suggested that it could be a tumor, it's just what he needed. That contrast of adult focus and child innocence. Hits me, how many times have I had things I thought were tumors in my life, that I thought there was no way out? Many. Here's this cop who had responsibility but had to change gears and go back to kindergarten. I need to learn patience, because I have a hope but I need to learn to rejoice and I can't fake that. God's put me into the weirdest and toughest situations to show me and prove to me I need Him and sometimes it'll mean doing things that I think are insane but will show me how much He loves me and I'll find myself rejoicing in His confident hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?