Wednesday, May 2, 2012

For-e-ver! For-e-ver! For-e-ver! - Squints

“And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.” 1 John 5:14-15 NLT

Oh yes this one. The that almost makes me laugh. The one that I so easily never agree with. I'm tired this morning. Yesterday was filled with getting videos out, setting up meetings, meeting with people, project managing, picking up my truck, and then going back to the studio to finish a video (well, work). I can say that I'm tired but nothing compared to how I used to be at my old job. My new coffee maker is faithful this morning and we are both enjoying opening the word up. Sip some coffee, I read and think. How many times did I ask the wrong people for help? When I was younger. I find myself to really think through things before I make a decision. I want to research, I want to read reviews, ask around. I may be a nice guy, that people will think, "nathan's cool, he'll join in on this". Think again. I find if I don't believe in something, you will know. If I didn't like a girl, she knew. If I liked a girl, she knew and so did everyone else. I read and think, I find it tough to ask God for things, due to my being selfish and due to what he may have in mind. I'm reminded of the Sandlot when the boys are doing whatever they can to get that baseball back almost risking there lives. Then they end up knocking on the door and Mr. Mertle simply says "why didn't you just ask, I would have gotten it for ya". It's like all the years of horror stories about this man come to an end. They ended up playing with the dog and getting all there baseballs back. Hits me, God wants me to ask him for what I want in fear or not in fear. It's not about me being selfish or making sure I'm suitable and healthy enough to ask, He just wants me to ask, whether I think it pleases him or not. He wants me to be honest and not put on a show. I need to remove this false image of God out of my head that I'm tempted to believe and approach him with fear or no fear and just ask (usually later) but just ask. Just as Squints said For-e-ver, instead of feeling trapped, I'll feel free For-e-ver in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?