Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Footloose

"So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.” Romans 8:1-2 NLT

And what's this one all about? This always confused me. Listening, believing, accepting, what is Christ all about? It's like the fork in the road but maybe not for me, maybe for someone else. It's like taking a nap and someone waking me up. It's superman, the matrix, and the force. Sip some coffee, I read and think. My biggest challenge is accepting the fact that I belong to Christ Jesus and not to anyone or anything else. It's this hidden thing I don't and didn't realize. Every where else I eventually feel condemned. It's this search I get into of my past, that brings me up to belonging to Christ. I'm reminded of the matrix. I'm reminded of footloose (the original, not the new one, it sucked), a movie I watched on the way up to a mens retreat weekend this past weekend (more listened to it). It smacked me over the head though. Of how this town logically decided to ban all kind of music, dancing, drug, curfew, etc from his kids due to a car accident that killed 5 of them. Makes sense, illuminate all activities. That didn't stop the kids, they found ways to do it anyway. When Ren came to town with his free spirit, everyone considered him rebellious. He just didn't understand. He was free in his mind but they had his feet tide up. How many times have I had my feet tied up? Due to my own stupid decisions, when Christ really had freed them to walk in his spirit. This town just wouldn't let up. The pastors daughter had gone haywire due to how hypocritical and fake the church was. She was finally honest with her dad about her lifestyle in church and instead of being loving, he replied "don't use that kind of language in here'. It was evident the kind of bondage they were in. The one kid they all resented, was the answer to there hurt and anger. I hate humility and listening to the spirit. Yet when I do, and finally give in, I'm amazed of how stuck I was. Ren had to open the scriptures up to remind the town of what dancing was all about. It was ok to celebrate life. Do I want to belong to death because of the power of past actions of sin? Of course not, I sure live like it at times. Hits me, my feet are tied together in more ways than one, and Christ has already loosened them with the power of his life giving spirit. He wants me to dance with him to walk with Him. I can listen to the lies everyday of my dumb decisions and have my feet tied together and waste my energy by hopping everywhere or I can keep my eyes on christ and learn the way the spirit wants me to move with my footloose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?