Saturday, May 19, 2012

Seabiscuit

“But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.” James 3:17-18 NLT

This one's interesting, Not sure what to make of it. But I can't pass it by. Slept well last night. Today I spend with Shayne since mommy has to work. We're more cleaning the place up than we will play. Sip some coffee, I read and think. Wisdom is crazy. It doesn't make sense at times. I ask for advice, and am I going to listen to it? Especially when I feel God is telling me to do something. I usually know, because I don't want to do it. I'm reminded of Sea Biscuit, a horse movie. Namely the owner, Charles Howard. How after he sales off his car lot and pursues horse racing during the great depression, he begins listening to people like he hadn't before. He chooses a horse trainer thats really too old and a horse that's too small and a jockey that's too big. Nothing matches. But all 4 of them were grieving for something and needed each other. I'm amazed of how God drops people in my life to show me His way. I'm also amazed of how long it takes me to discover why they were dropped in my life. Then I'm amazed of how I quickly get my expectations shattered because of what I think is going to happen. Therefore no expectations I think. There I go again, trying to control things. In this economy, my expectations have to be nothing, because I don't know what's in store. Charles picked his trainer out by just listening to the guy. They were both broken. Red Pollard was abandoned as a kid. Sea Biscuit was treated the same. All four of these guys needed each other. As they began to win races, the country who was going through the same thing was all the sudden given hope of recovery because of this odd team. It's like how some companies start up, or bands, or just people come together. It's these situations in life that throw me through hoops of revelation. Hits me. The definition of Sea Biscuit is a very hard unsalted biscuit or bread. I can fight my way out of problems because of how I think they should be solved. When God lines me up with his word and with other people to show me how pure he is and how odd I am, I find that He's prepped me all this time to listen to His wisdom. Just like all 4 of the men had suffered loss, the country needed that inspiration when they began winning together. Sometimes I'm a very hard unsalted biscuit and with His wisdom being so pure, I'm just ripe for wisdom, as long as I listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?