Monday, May 28, 2012

No. Try not. Do...or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

“Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep.” Romans 12:15 NLT

Can it really be that simple? I'm not sure. I slept ok last night, we're starting to get Shayne into the pool now and its funny how much she loves it, yet how cautious she is. Coffee is good this morning, I decided to go ahead and wake up at my usual 4:30 even though its Memorial day because I just wanted the peace and quiet. I was reminded of Yoda's line "do or do not, there is no try" when I got up this morning. I had no idea what it applied to but it was just on my mind. In Empire, Luke is attempting to free the X-wing from the bog, he simply tells Yoda "Alright I'll give it a try", in which Yoda responds "No..try not. Do or do not. There is no try". I'll never forget a girl that came up to me at bible school to show me her new bible. She was so excited. With a flat face I looked at it, noticed it was a bible and said "cool, great a new bible". I didn't share the excitement. Why couldn't I, why wasn't I excited. Sure she was saved. But why couldn't I get excited with her and about getting a bible. I didn't even try, I let my emotions get ahold of me and basicly told her I didn't care. How selfish can I be? Why can't I be happy with people even if I'm not interested? Why can't I apply the word of God and live this life? Yoda's right. Luke was so young in Jedi training that he just didn't understand what doing was. You let the force flow through you. You don't try, you just let. Sure I was a christian but really knew nothing about living. I'm amazed when I'm in my realm. I don't think about it, but others tell me later of how I thrive. When I see them in there realm, I try to tell them later. I'm also amazed of how the closer I become to God, the easier it is to do those things. In the beginning it seems like being happy with people who are happy appears like raising my own x-wing out of the bog, just impossible. I don't want to be fake. Once I just let the spirit love them through me, and the x-wing is nothing and the bog is nothing because its not me who's doing it. Yoda had trained Jedi's for 800 years, his biggest thing was that they had to be focused and serious and dedicated. Not wondering about the future or about the past but the now. How many times have I thought too much about stuff and concluded with just brushing people aside. Hits me, I can say how I try to obey God's word and listen to his spirit. But there is no try..its only do. Even if I'm not interested I need to be interested and even if I'm not sad, I need to care. Christ's message is that simple, I need to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?