Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Truman Show

“Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things.” Ecclesiastes 11:5 NLT

I'm always fascinated by these type of verses. I really like analogies. Yet how I don't believe it. I find myself thinking its "a good verse". I slept ok last night, sore back today. I go in for some more check ups today, to confirm the pain i'm feeling on my right side is muscle stuff and nothing else. Coffee's good this morning, I read and think. I'm reminded of the Truman Show. How the idea of creating a world around a baby that would be perfect and harmless and show the tv watching world every step he made. I mean they literally created a world for this boy to live in, all the way up to the sun rising and setting and storms. The only thing they couldn't do was change where this guys mind went to. He was adventurous and smart and slowly began to pick up on things that just didn't make sense. How many times have I thought I could control God or let alone be ahead of Him. Thinking He was no different than a college professor who I would only see until graduation and then I would be on my own. When Truman was in his 30's, the director of the show had to continue to figure out how to keep him from wanted to get out of this simulated world he designed for him. He made life situations happen for him where he was scared of the water and then changed his romance interests so that his wife wouldn't want to leave town. Truman wanted to be set free. I also reminded of the church I was raised in. How unless your career choice was considered successful, you almost were frowned upon and put into the "smile" group and not the "lets talk" group. I read and think, I can understand why our pastors wanted to protect us and prepare us for the outside world. Hey its a mess out there. Yet they were trying to be God (without knowing it), which you can't do. Hits me, I feel like Truman at times, in a tv show (held captive) within my own thoughts, having to act a certain way to just get things done, when God's knocking on my heart with His freedom, to show me how he can do all things. I'm not supposed to figure God out, I'm supposed to let Him live in me so He can do all things. I'm not supposed to put a show on, I'm supposed to let Him live as He wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?