Saturday, May 26, 2012

Upgrading from judgement to love

“God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.” John 3:17 NLT

I remember this one last year before i began blogging. I was amazed of how I got it backwards. I'm first to judge then think about saving. I'm tired this morning, but the coffee's good so I'm happy. It's memorial day weekend. We were supposed to be at the ranch this weekend but a video project that was supposed to be done isn't. I have to finish it today. I read and think, I'm reminded of history, and how when I'm making history, I'm actually thinking of the future. It's like with technology. I get a new laptop, I have to think that I'll replace it in a few years. Why would I think of that now? Because things to don't last that long anymore. God sent his son to replace judgement with love. We didn't like that, because it was change. The actual definition of "judge" is to form an opinion based on evidence and testing of premises. LOL, when I judge I don't even do it right. Because if I were to judge someone correctly according to definition, it would end up being based not on my thoughts about them but the facts of evidence. In the long run, its best left in God's hands, because he knows their pressure points way better than I do. I read and think. I remember when I got saved, and how i was excited to be saved and then I was able to recognize everyone else who weren't and judged them for their actions instead of loving them to Christ. Why? Christ wasn't afraid of people, he loved them. Why was I afraid of them? Judgement is my insecurity. If I was secure in Christ, He'd love them right through me. In technology if I claim that a piece of gear works fine, and it doesn't (unless I kick it or tape it up). If I'm not willing to think ahead of replacing it, when I get it, and of changing things eventually, I'm lost. I remember when I got my 3 rd camera, I thought I would have it forever. Then HD came out and I had to put it away and use it as back up. I had a really hard time facing the fact that I couldn't hold onto gear, that I would have to get rid of it. I would have to upgrade more often than expected. I developed a phrase "i hope it works as good as it looks". Hits me, Jesus was the upgrade that we didn't want to change over to. Many did but the main guys just wouldn't. Change is tough, especially when its so different and scary. Whats crazy is that I live in a world of bad changes. Upgrades that don't work or make things bad and eventually are fixed or never. Jesus was the only correct upgrade replacing judgement with grace. I just have to accept that and know that judgement is the old way and quit going there and keep to this new system of love and relationship instead of judgement and resentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?