Monday, May 7, 2012

Never Stop Praying

“Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NLT

Sorry about the text background color (I hit a key accidentally and now I can't change it back). I've been waiting for this one to come along. I have a shirt that I got many years ago, with the phrase "never stop praying". I was at another mens weekend this weekend. Really made me evaluate my life. The tricky part was, I was shooting it and producing a highlights by Sunday. So I was working. I felt very spiritually weak the whole weekend, like how am I going to put a video together in my condition, I did though. Sip some coffee, I read and think. Prayer has always been a conviction to me and at times a fix it type of thing. I remember suggesting it to my 5th grade teacher because her dad was sick. Doing that in a public school environment won't get you many friends. Or I'd listen to someone's situation and say I'll pray for you. It's the only way I could help. Then when it came to my struggles, I found I prayed but not in believing. Praying and being joyful are two opposite combinations to me. How many times have I prayed in doubt? I pray in faith when I see a car accident. I pray when I see someone's status on facebook. That's a great prayer request tool actually. It's God's will for me to be joyful, pray, and be thankful? That's how He wants me to be? Are you sure? Because when I'm praying, I talk to God like He's my friend. I don't use heavy words, even my stressful and excitement pacing he knows. Why is it so hard for me to pray in public? or alone with someone? I find that I struggle with being too godly and using spiritual words. I just want to talk to God. Is there a language I need to use? I remember back in the day of church and kneeling for 30 mins while someone would pray. Was it the length of time? Why can't I pray with my hands folded on the table at a restaurant". Then there's the two or more are gathered verse. Billy Strachan at Bible school said "God understands, Help. What about after people have prayed for me, and I'm still struggling? I'm good for a little bit but fall back in to my problems. Hits me, since this life is all about God and the fact I belong to Him, he wants me to be thankful in all circumstances regardless of what they are, thankful that I can pour my heart out to him in them, and in that way, I'll be joyful because I belong to Him and not to my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?