Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Where we're going, we don't need roads - Doc Brown

“And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.”Hebrews 11:6 NLT

I've always appreciated this one, I guess it just made sense. I always understood it as, God loves it when you trust Him. I don't have many issues with this. Maybe because I'm so optimistic, well in most areas. I slept ok last night, not the best. My truck is getting fixed today. It's been about 3 years since I last took it in. Everything I suspected is wrong with it, is. It won't cost too much, but now that I'll be traveling more, I need it to work. I have over 200,000 miles on it. It's a Nissan Frontier 98. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I can't but think of Back to the future, when Doc Brown says "where were going we don't need roads". It's that vision that Doc had even he was weird to see things that we just couldn't, especially the future. I get scared of things of the future, the unknown, stepping out in faith. It all depends on what it is, and how much control I have and how prepared I am. The fact that God loves it when I trust Him almost still doesn't make it easier. I believe that God exists sure. Seeking God is tough, because i find I seek him with stress. Then at moments no, I seek Him in peace. Then I consider myself doing good, lol. When Doc came back from the future, he was a different person. He was dressed differently, the time machine no longer used gas but fusion, he had to redesign it for a new and different atmosphere. He wasn't afraid of it either. In my life, am I ready for change, wherever God leads my family? sometimes? its stressful making that step. What if I'm reading God wrong? Show me a sign God? Give me direction, I pray. With God there are no roads, there is no concept of time, Its all about Him. Hits me, Doc didn't care of what people thought, He knew what He knew and kept at it. In the same way when I feel I have what I want, God is going to twist it and show me what He wants me to have with it. If I see no potential, He'll show me. As soon as I put my eyes on Him and see it through His eyes, He'll show me He can do anything and reward me for seeking Him sincerely. His ways aren't my ways, road or no road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?