Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tough Mudder

“The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.” Psalm 103:13 NLT

Man i feel distracted this morning. With father's day tomorrow, I think about how I am as a father. Am I tender and compassionate? most the time. I do get frustrated though. I'm reminded of James Stewart in Shenandoah, he was stern dad but very tender. Every man has a soft spot, even though we a lot of times don't want to show it, we do. I think of the fears I have being a father. Providing, integrity, failure. I see so many times scriptures like this about the woman being tender and compassionate. But now the man. Fearing God is respecting Him. Make sure I capitalize the H. Do I respect God as my father seek his tenderness and compassion? I don't think about it. I came across Tough Mudder this morning on facebook. It reminds me of  young life and mainly of the atomic relay that Scott Scherckenbeck would put on. As I read through the website. I came across the point of the whole thing. They said it's NOT a race but a challenge. How many times have I looked at a life as a race and not a challenge. Its so mental, as I looked at the videos, I just got a rush, like "i can do this". I read through the training, you need to run 5 miles twice a week, and be able to do 6 pullups. You're not alone ever. You count on your team to help build you up physically and mentally. Bring your fears, makes this personal. I remember learning how to work when I was younger. Mowing lawns while my other friends watching Saturday morning tv (I had my share of plenty of tv watching though). I hated it, but now I'm one of those few who's kept my job in the economy crash. What is my tough mudder? How do i prepare for the obstacles in my life? My heavenly father always gives me opportunities to prepare by throwing an obstacle in my way. Its when I don't fear my father that I fail and feel alone. God puts people in my life to help me through my obstacles. Sometimes I don't listen because I'm stubborn and just don't understand and sometimes even if I don't understand I just do what they say. Because sometimes I don't need to understand I just need to do. As I looked at the photos on tough mudder tears began to form. Everyone had a different reason for taking the challenge. They didn't want you to be too serious and be first to finish, they wanted you to challenge yourself.  there last rules is I'll over come all fears. Why do things trap me so quickly at times? Hits me, My heavenly father draws me to him through obstacles in my life regardless of what they are. With his tender heart and hand he's helped me through all of them regardless of how I've felt at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?