Thursday, November 8, 2012

Obedient Plan

Observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess...
 
I first thought it said "observe the plans I am giving you today, not the commands. How often to I get that wrong. God is working out his plan for me and I need to follow his commands. I'm tired this morning, I keep on waking up at 2 or 3 all depending on how tired I was going to bed. We introduced Shayne to Annie last night. She usually doesn't like movies she's never seen but she kept watching this one and kept telling me she didn't want to watch it. Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm reminded of all the tech rules that I have learned in my life about computers, camera's, home theatre, etc. It's these commands that I know and sometimes old tricks that I still use to this day.  There's a way to do everything. If there's not a plan, its very challenging. I find myself treating God this way too. I want a plan, he won't show me. He wants me to be obey him and follow his lead, and I like to try to figure his plan out and run ahead to step one. It's backwards to what I've been trained to do. I've been trained to know how to setup certain gear, how to make sure that a room is done. I'll get a diagram and follow it. God doesn't do that, he leads and wants me to follow. He opens doors and closes them, and since I'm following him not knowing where he's leading, I should be fine. This is not always the case. This is where my control issues come in. My free spirit kicks in and I start laughing and choose to have no expectations so I don't stress. Can't God show me a schematic of what's to come? Usually he does, He'll open doors, He'll give me a job, or he won't, and he'll give me something else. He doesn't want me to see the plan, just like he has disabled the feature in all of us to read each others thoughts. Hits me, when I go to do a show, I am told nothing but who the client is and when to show up and kind of what I'll be doing. All my knowledge and experience is at stake. I follow my training, its very vague at times. God's no different, He lets me know moment by moment at times what I need to do. Sometimes I need to listen even when I don't agree and sometimes I don't want to do that. I want to know what lies ahead, and little do I know that by simply obeying his commands, I'm being strengthened for the plan that he's working in me the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?