Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Playground Justice

For the LORD is righteous, he loves justice; upright men will see his face.
All yesterday I was thinking about who to vote for. I haven't cared really. The selections were terrible. It was like working with subpar gear that you knew was going to crash and fail during the show. I was embarrassed. Sip some coffee, I read and think. The thing that stands out to me in this verse is "upright men". Do they even exist? I've noticed at the park these past few weeks of fall, alot of dads. So I acknowledged them. I've greeted them and said "how's it goin?" They're men who care about their kids. This is the future of our country. As I was looking at the voting ballot last night, I found myself looking around the room too. Looking at this assortment of people wanting a change in their country. Was this ballot really going to change things? Or were we all just signing more people up to keep their jobs. It's like walking into someones house and looking at their home theatre or what they call a home theatre and the problem they have is that have no knowledge of what they just bought. I was helping out a neighbor the other day with her computer and her problem wasn't internet, it was that her email acct had been deactivated months ago, no wonder the passwords weren't working. So many of us have no idea what the government is for, including me. Yet if my internet isn't working, I'm on the phone. I read and think. When the other dads and I are watch our kids on the playground, the kids just aren't playing, they are learning and developing skills, this playground is a tool, we're just guiding them and watching them. It's the weirdest thing. God loves justice, He does things to me that don't make any sense, but he's righteous too, so He has a plan to make me upright through whatever is going on. Hits me, As i entered the doors of this little church to vote last night, I saw the freedom we had to vote anywhere, and the freedom of religion. As I looked at the ballot full of people who are supposedly working to make this place a great to live,  I couldn't but think of what a game I was playing and this ballot was my playing card. Then I go back to the playground of where I learned about how I operate and how I learn things. God has a unique way of showing me his presence, showing me to be upright, helping me through tough times, especially when I think he's wrong, He's actually righteous and showing me how he is just and right. Even if I don't have the proper gear, He understands and will get me through the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?