Sunday, November 18, 2012

Everyday Dilemma

For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.
Matthew 11:30 NLT

I honestly forgot about this one. I had to look it up and figure out what it meant. It's a pretty big deal. This is also one of those "the line is here". I can cross it and let God take care of me, or I can stay where I'm at and be miserable. It's a life of not be fake. It's like with hostess this last week. I took my family to Target to get some Twinkies and sure enough they were gone. A shelf stalker handed me some little debby cakes but I thought, dude it's hostess not little debby. I can't just go with something that's a copy. I need the original. I appeased him and just took the box. We got home and sure enough Shayne now loves cloud cakes by little debby. I'm thinking, well we can always get those.

Sip some coffee, I read and think. I'm trying to enjoy some dunkin donuts coffee this morning. It's pumkin spice and its not very good so far. I think i'll have to make another pot of normal starbucks before Susan gets up. It's the battle between good and evil, it's the ring that froto had to carry until he threw it in the pit. The yoke I find I carry is very heavy. Christ was designed to carry it, not me. He can handle it. He wants to give him his free yoke which is humble, loyal, etc. His burden is light. It's this changing of season's. It's the sun going up and down to that gives me another opportunity to take his character upon myself and learn from it. But of course I do in the areas that are easy but not in those that hurt, hidden, and painful. It's making the switch from a regular cell phone to a smart phone. It's making the switch from an old Tv to a digital TV. It's getting rid of junk in the home that you just need to. It's cleaning your home up to start the week fresh.

Christ doesn't want to me to just study his word and go and sin. It's like going to the gym and then afterwards eating bad. It's like buying an HD tv and blu-ray player, then only watching DVDs  and not blu-ray's. It's like building a surround system and choosing only to use the tv speakers.

This so called "yoke" of my insecurities feels so tough that I don't know how to get out it at times. It's this depression, this zone, of fog that just doesn't seem lighten. I wish I could just open the door and let fresh air in to get this stuffy smell out. I can, it's called opening the door and letting Christ in. But I did that years ago. Uh, you need to that everyday and every moment. That sucks, because this society isn't like that. It's this dilemma I say that is holding me back from freedom. Hits me, this is a long blog today. Sure I can just let Christ wait, until I understand my dilemma fully. With Christ I can just walk away from it. It's an everyday dilemma, that only Christ can handle and I have to believe him and do it. That's the hard part, is not believing the lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?