Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Off-Road Car

"And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'
Matthew 25:40 NLT

This is like one of those hidden tests, a candid camera trick to see if I'm paying attention or not. We had date night last by surprise, they're always by surprise. We went to Manuals, one of my favorite locations. When I read ones like these, I think of that fine line again. But the line between doing good and the line of obedience. With the so called end of the world coming, I keep on hearing people say things like "as long as you were good to each other you'll be fine and you did your best". Man I wish it was that simple. I keep on thinking of free will and what keeps me from God. As Santa said in Elf 'there's just no christmas spirit anymore". People wonder where God is? So do I at times. He's just not on our time scheudule, we made all that stuff up and we blame him for it, when things don't work the way we plan them. God continues to give us the test again, and we fail. I find myself all the time judging others before I help them and then even worse afterwards.  I read and think, I look at the road I drive on, and think about the person ahead of me. Where are they going? do they know? the roads don't judge, they just are. It's not until you get onto rugged terrain that things change. You need a different car or an offroad vehicle. To me the christian life is like an offroad trail and too many people think they can drive their nice street cars on it, but get stuck and are feel as long as they get to the end their fine. I wish it was the simple. I wish I could drive a motor home off roading and be relaxed. I wish this life with God was easy. I'll have other christians tell me "just live for Jesus". Then  I can tell them to get a job in this economy. I read and think again.  I know all kinds of nice people who have the biggest hearts, and they will go above and beyond because they just love to. People can do whatever they want, they say whatever they want, and they believe whatever they want. God wants that, he wants the challenge, and he planned it that way. I get this backwards a lot. When I feel a challenge from God, I don't say much, but I find He really wants me to call on Him. It's just nuts. He wants me to make up my mind and get frustrated. It's an eternal frustration. It's the fact that I think I have control of my life, but when I don't, I yell at God. Yet without the frustration, He sometimes doesn't get my attention. Why? Why can't he get my attention all the time? Is it because I think I'm fine, as long as I'm positive and do good for those who are the least of these? I feel like that guy who refuses to follow the directions because "there just can't be only one way to do it". Hits me, It feels good to help the less fortunate, and I know that won't get to heaven but its one step closer To God. It's what God implanted in all of us. It's this hunger that I didn't know I had, this pain killer that i don't believe I need. It's the road that I will get me closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?