Monday, November 5, 2012

Enduring Plan

The Lord will work out his plans for my life-for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me.
Psalm 138:8 NLT

I always get reluctant about these types. At first I read it and think yes. Then the abandon me part come's in and I'm thinking, of course he's not going to me. We had a family gathering yesterday. My mom's cousin came out to visit. They hadn't been out west in 13 years. It was really cool to see them. I'm amazed of what blood family is about. I have cousins, and they're my blood. Can I look at a stranger and mentally make them my relative? not really. Then I get introduced to a new cousin and I consider us family, I find myself taking it to heart. Sip some coffee, I read and think. How many times have I thought that God's plans for me would be stable and consistent? How many times have I thought that this so called "narrow road" would be easy and joyful? That's probably why His love endures forever. Because easy and joyful can take forever to get to. I can easily feel abandoned and hurt, but yet again I have to remember that God made me in his image. I have to remember that they are HIS plans not mine and He'll be faithful despite my unfaithfulness. It's amazing of how I drift away from him and yet blame him for abandoning me. I'm reminded of TOP GUN, when Maverick is told by his commander that he was just like him. Then how many movies has that scene been duplicated? I'm also reminded of Bible School at Bodenseehof. How in the beginning of the semester we were told to read the bible in a year. I said forget it, I don't read books, I study them. And no one tells me to read the bible in a year. Any other book, I'll read in a year, but not the bible. That's just too valuable of a book to skim through. So I didn't. They warned me I wouldn't pass. I told them my life doesn't depend on this schools requirements. And my ADD was so high that I knew I would be focusing on just reading the stinkin book than growing in God. So I didn't pass and I watched everyone cram the bible in their brain and stress out all year trying to read this book. They should have just made it a club. I read and think, Hits me. I have to remember that God made me, I didn't make Him. I can give him my plans that  I feel he's telling me and trust Him with them (as best I can). Hard seasons will come and go, and just as he endured living here, His love will endure with me forever even when I'm enduring forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?