Saturday, November 10, 2012

Producing Backwards

They have returned to the sins of their forefathers, who refused to listen to my words. They have followed other gods to serve them. Both the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken the covenant I made with their forefathers.
The first thing that comes to mind is when you leave a crew of men in a room, you come back in an hour and nothings been done and the guys are gone. It's like trying to sell something on Craig'slist and the person buying never shows up to get it. I'm waiting and waiting, and no show. It's the challenging part about producing a video. Working with people and deadlines. Tonight I have 5 videos showing for Singleton moms. These are 5 of the single parents with cancer that were willing to share their cancer stories with the world and how Singleton moms helped support them during treatment. Why am I interested in this organization? I have never been interested in things like this. Sure millions of people have cancer, BUT. When your a parent and your single, stop right there. That's all I need to here. Video Production is an art. I'll never forget watching the makings of "spiderman returns". Watching Bryan Singer go through the process of producing this movie. To me it was subpar (not my favorite). Throughout the makings, he kept saying we have more work to get done. He was always thinking ahead, when everyone else was having a good time in the moment. Sip some coffee, I read and think. For the longest time I have been producing videos backwards (which is how I think). I'm backwards, I'll listen to a song and think about how I can put it to video. If I had the education, I would have learned that you storyboard what your thinking and the figure out the music next. My problem was I was shooting candids 90% of the time. Their story was a birthday party, or a wedding, or a retreat, etc. I can't make up a story, but I can listen to one and story board it. How many times have I thought I was the director of my life, that I was the producer of my life? The production process can be lengthy and not for everyone, but those who are willing to plow through it. It's worth the perseverance. The whole point of it, is to make a difference, to show a video to people that they'll remember and want to watch again and will make them talk. What's crazy is how fast I can get caught up the process and quit listening to the producer. Hits me, just because my forefathers have screwed up doesn't mean I have to. I will though, and have. When the word is truth, and God is directing me in his production, I need to listen even if I think the move is ridiculous. I can go my own way and ignore him, but he won't ignore me. Video Production is a process, no one understands unless they've done it, or attempted to. God's always taking me through his production of my life, and wherever I am at in his production, I can't bail even though I want to, he's constantly directing me and I need to listen. When I see the final cut of his work in my life, I'll see how much he understood me and how backwards I was thinking. It's his work in me on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?