Wednesday, October 31, 2012

t-shirts, dvds, and coffee mugs

So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.
Romans 13:12 NLT

I've been thinking alot of about the shirts that I wear. You can often see me with a shirt with some phrase from a movie or a place. I got into this back in elementary school when I noticed people's parents wearing shirts that represented what they believed or a place they had been. Sip some coffee, I read and think. These shirts I could say are my tatoos, just like my mugs, they represent who I am. Just like my movie collection, they represent who I am. How many times have I not cast off the works of darkness but welcomed them in? I've put the armor of light aside. You watch me wear my "griswald family christmas" shirt and appear to be depressed. I'm wearing a funny shirt, my shirt should make me happy. It's because my shirt which represents "fun" is a cover up for how I'm feeling at the moment. During this political season I wear my "Vote for Pedro" shirt. How often do I put a mask on and play the church and family game, where I just say "doing good, and how are you? Great!" all the time. I remember wishing when I was in High School that I could simply smile and all my issues an stressed went away. I began my dvd collection 10 years ago when I realized I could hack into a dvd and use its footage on my videos. At the time, I got away with it, a few years later, they've blocked all of that too.  These days, copyright is no different that stealing someone's possession it's just electronic and not physical. I read and think, casting off is a physical and mental movement. I having remove myself or mentally decide how I"m going to think about something. I have to choose to remember God's word in crazy moments and not the things that make me sin. That's a hard battle at times, especially when I'm vulnerable. Hits me, God's going to use anything he chooses to bring me and others around me closer to Him. Whether it be a shirt I wear, a movie i watch, or a mug i drink out of. He shines through them all, he convicts through them all, and he grow's me through them all. It's his way of suiting me up with armor so I can see the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?